groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy+Java9 status?
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 10:52:49 GMT
On 02.12.2016 17:55, Robert Scholte wrote:
[...]
> Concrete I see issues like below and can't find any references in Jira:
> e.g. with groovy-all-2.4.7 I get the following exception:
>
> [INFO] Building: reportConfig\pom.xml
> [INFO] run script verify.groovy
> [INFO] ..FAILED (9.4 s)
> [INFO]   The post-build script did not succeed. No signature of method:
> java.io.File.exists() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
> Possible solutions: print(java.lang.Object), write(java.lang.String),
> print(java.io.PrintWriter), with(groovy.lang.Closure),
> is(java.lang.Object), printf(java.lang.String, [Ljava.lang.Object;)

2.4.8 will have a fix for that.

> I can see what the issue is (Groovy's File versus JRE File), and I'm
> wondering what to expect: will this be fixed in Groovy, or do we have to
> rewrite a huge amount of scripts? I really hope the first.

Groovy's File is the JRE File. The problem is that with
#AwkwardStrongEncapsulation they decided an exported class can have
private method for which setAccessible won´t ever work. So the strategy
Groovy used, which is using setAccessible(true) on the array of Method
(gotten by reflection) cannot work anymore, which means we now have to
do that an a per method base and blend-out those, we cannot gain access
to using setAccessible. The fix for this is there and in the repository.
All that is missing is a release.

bye Jochen