groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Dierk König <dierk.koe...@canoo.com>
Subject Re: Welcome to our new committer : Sergei Egorov
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2016 15:31:53 GMT
Welcome Sergei!

Great to have you on board!

Dierk

> Am 10.12.2016 um 10:55 schrieb Sergei Egorov <bsideup@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi, the Apache Groovy people!
>
> I'm excited to join the team! Big thanks to PMC for this opportunity.
>
> I wrote my first Groovy code 3.5 years ago :) Was tired of the POJO boilerplate :D
> Most of the time I was doing some crazy Groovy things just because I wanted to learn
how Groovy compiler works under the hood. It was fun and easy, thanks to a great compile time
meta-programming model (IMO one of the best across JVM languages)
> But eventually, such things has started to appear as libraries, available for everyone.
And here we are - some of them are merged to groovy-core and more to come :)

> As a committer I hope to continue and even increase my effort on the macro system and
few other parts of the language, but with all the power (and responsibility :) ) of it.

> Hopefully, Groovy people will pay more attention on the macro system as well, i.e. by
asking your questions here:
> https://github.com/bsideup/groovy-macro-methods-proposal
>
> I'm looking forward to being  an active committer!
>
> Thanks,
> Sergei Egorov
>
>> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:08 AM Cédric Champeau <cchampeau@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'd like to introduce you to Sergei Egorov, our new Apache Groovy committer! Some
of you may already know Sergei for his work on macros, which are going to make appearance
in Apache Groovy 2.5. He is a very talented developer with the skills we need to help Groovy
move forward.