groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Sun <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Negative relational operators for Groovy 3
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 13:24:21 GMT
OK. As most of us just like !in and !instanceof and prefer the sticky style, I will modify
them later. Thanks for your review ;)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

在 "Guillaume Laforge [via Groovy]" <ml-node+s329449n5736815h23@n5.nabble.com>,2016年11月18日
下午9:07写道:

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Jochen Theodorou <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 18.11.2016 13:45, Daniel Sun wrote:
Hi all,

      The new parser(Parrot) supports negative relational operators now,
which is proposed by Guillaume Laforge :)

      Here are some example
codes(https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/blob/negativeRelationalOperators/src/test/resources/core/NegativeRelationalOperators_01x.groovy):

assert 'a' instanceof String
assert 'a' !instanceof Integer
assert 1 <= 2
assert 2 !<= 1
assert 2 >= 1
assert 1 !>= 2
assert 1 < 2
assert 2 !< 1
assert 2 > 1
assert 1 !> 2
assert 1 in [1, 2]
assert 3 !in [1, 2]

I think !instanceof and !in are ok. The others... not sure here. Right now a<b uses the
same method as a>=b, which means !< is >=. And in this case I actually prefer >=.

For instanceof and in, that's nice, but I think it's too cryptic for the other ones, which
do exist in a different form, as currently !< is just >=, as Jochen says.

In terms of "groovy style", I think I'd prefer to have the ! sticking to in and instanceof.
It might also be less confusing to parse, should we some day add something like a factorial
operator, or some other use for the !

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
Social: @glaforge<http://twitter.com/glaforge> / Google+<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114130972232398734985/posts>

http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/Negative-relational-operators-for-Groovy-3-tp5736809p5736815.html
NAML<http://groovy.329449.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>