groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Proposal - Pattern matching elixir way
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 23:15:31 GMT
On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Johannes Link <johannes.link@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using an annotation seems like a hackish way. I'd rather go with an extended
> version of switch or even better a native matching parameter syntax. Just my
> 2 cents.

Same here: I feel like relying on annotations too much tends to create a very
black-box'ish type of experience for developers: slap the right annotation on
something and magic happens. When it works it is great, but when it doesn't
once tends to spend a lot more time trying to figure out what went wrong in
annotation heavy frameworks.

Thanks,
Roman.