groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Link <johannes.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fate of TailRecursive
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2016 11:22:55 GMT

> Am 26.11.2016 um 12:06 schrieb Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net>:
>
> it hasn't been removed

Andres not being aware of @TailRecursive in the core shows how difficult it is to advertise
language features that are perceived to be "just add-ons" and not part of the syntax.

In the 2 or so years that @TailRecursive has existed within Groovy core only one single related
issue  (I'm aware of) got into the official issue tracker. That's probably not because my
code is perfect and bugfree but because hardly anyone uses it. We should consider that whenever
we think about adding yet another "language" feature through means of an AST.

Johannes

>> Am 26.11.2016 um 12:04 schrieb Johannes Link:
>> Unless it has been removed again it should still be in core.
>>
>> Von meinem iPad gesendet
>>
>>> Am 26.11.2016 um 11:13 schrieb Andres Almiray <aalmiray@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Didn't it get merged into Groovy core after some time living as an external download?
>>>
>>> Sent from my primitive Tricorder

to be good enough for 80% of the cases, for the remaining it was
switch will encounter the same fate.