groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: restructuring sources
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 22:20:33 GMT
On 04.11.2016 18:03, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
> +1, I also want to restructure the Gradle build at some point. It's
> really inefficient as it is now.

the "only" trouble is... to get a fully working groovy compiler we need
some classes which reference classes of the runtime. To just name a few:
* CompilationUnit: referencing GroovyClassLoader
* ClassHelper: referencing about every groovy.lang class... and from
there it goes to the runtime

CompilationUnit is something that could be fixed... but it is a breaking
change. But in case of ClassHelper it is almost a conceptual problem. I
cannot even use Reflection instead of direct class usage, because I
really need the information from those. Which means I would have to
manually build the ClassNode for each of these classes including
generics. And even then... once somebody wants to call getTypeClass on
these, there is trouble

bye Jochen