groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]Refine the implementation of LRUCache
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:59:51 GMT

On 26.10.2016 08:27, 孙 岚 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>          I found the LRUCache that Groovy is using is not efficient
> enough because it is based on Collections.synchronizeMap, the LRUCache
> is used by some important classes(e.g. ProxyGenerator, Closure), so it
> can impact the performance somehow.
>
>          I propose to replace the implementation with
> Caffeine(https://github.com/ben-manes/caffeine), which is a high
> performance caching library for Java 8 and licensed under APL2.
>
>         Any thoughts?

using
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.github.ben-manes.caffeine/caffeine/2.3.3

APL2, check.
available in maven, check.
required dependencies, none I think, check.
filesize... 142k, should be ok... but, once downloaded it says 966k
instead. Something not right here. 966k is too much for inklusion in
Groovy imho. Could somebody double check the file size?

Otherwise... we should ensure the library can handle the newest jigsaw
build. And if not but we would like to otherwise include it, we should
contact the author and ask about the status in that area.

Then of course there is the question why we do not use ConcurrentHashMap
instead.... because?

bye Jochen