groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Statically compileable builders
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 08:45:04 GMT

On 06.10.2016 09:16, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
> I prefer to support different _methodMissing_ methods taking different
> arguments, because they can participate in method selection and return a
> more specific type.
>
> Something to consider too: @DelegatesTo is not on par with
> @ClosureParams wrt to the types it can express. In particular, it
> doesn't have that "String" representation which supports more complex
> types, in particular the generics (you cannot write
> @DelegatesTo(List<String>).

you mean something like if I want to delegate to Foo<Bar>? Because I do
not think we need most of ClosureParams. You won't have parameters for
the Closure and you are usually not interested in the return types. The
information you want to transport (eventually with generics) is the
delegate of course.

bye Jochen