groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Master builds
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:21:47 GMT

On 11.10.2016 11:56, Paul King wrote:
> Russel, do you know a project with a similar build setup already doing
> this so we can 'borrow' their approach?
>
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Russel Winder <russel@winder.org.uk> wrote:
>> Would it be possible to include the Git identifier of the changeset
>> being compiled in the version number displayed by groovy -version for
>> Groovy build from master?

you mean like
http://mrhaki.blogspot.de/2015/04/gradle-goodness-use-git-commit-id-in.html
? Or a newer version of git interaction, but not for the version number
directly:
http://mrhaki.blogspot.de/2016/06/grails-goodness-add-git-commit.html

I was actually wondering if that suggestion of Russel makes sense to me
and for what cases... But the more I think of it, the more I think it
can be useful. For example to ensure the released version and the
version voted on are identical.

bye Jochen