groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Miles, Chris (MFT)" <ch...@moonfruit.com>
Subject RE: [PROGRESS REPORT 20161004]groovy-parser
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 13:29:40 GMT
Excellent, well done!
From: daniel_sun [realbluesun@hotmail.com]
Sent: 03 October 2016 17:22
To: dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: [PROGRESS REPORT 20161004]groovy-parser

Hi List,

      Currently the new parser can parse almost all groovy source
codes(including the scripts embedded) of groovy project(2.5.0 master branch,
*4621 IN TOTAL, 4619 PASSES, 2 FAILED*). In other words, the AST generated
by the new and old parsers are almost same(except corrected location
information of nodes). You can find more details in the groovy-parser
repository(https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser).

     The 2 FAILED test cases is:
1) src/test/groovy/EscapedUnicodeTest.groovy(TODO find a better way to
translate code written in unicode escapes);
2)
subprojects/groovy-groovysh/src/main/groovy/org/codehaus/groovy/tools/shell/commands/DocCommand.groovy(TODO
confirm: https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/issues/5);

      The following work will be done in the near future:
1) set the new parser as the default parser to build groovy itself and run
all test cases;
2) provide friendly error message;
3) add more features to make Groovy more compatible with Java, e.g.
do-while, lambda expression, etc.

     At last, I want to thank *Jochen Theodorou* and *Paul King*, who
provide me many suggestion and help while developping the new parser.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun