groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: making parser modules for antlr2 and antlr4
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:47:19 GMT

and found a new problem... org.codehaus.groovy.syntax.Numbers has a
parseInteger method which takes an AST class from antlr as first
parameter. The method is used from the parser and I think it is for the
parser mainly. Of course the new parser uses this method as well. The
purpose is to parse things like "109G" and "0x1234".

The reason it has a AST parameter is for error reporting. You can use it
with a null value, then there will be no error reporting. The reporting
is done using ASTRuntimeException, which is one of our classes in the
antlr package. For the parser only the error reporting version is
interesting...but the new parser does not do that.

First of all...do we see that as public API? Because if not, I can
change it freely... and I would like to change ASTRuntimeException.
instead of using the AST I would like to use only line and column as
parameters

bye Jochen