groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel.Sun" <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom operator for Groovy 3
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2016 10:07:55 GMT
Hi Paolo,

     There are some limitations when we use antlr to define grammar, so the
backticks are used to distinguish with other operators.

     I saw an answer from Jochen(shown as follow), so I tryied to add this
experimental feature

     "We always wanted the ability to define an operator through the user in
Groovy, but so far we haven't gotten around the problems that come along
with that."
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6485861/is-it-possible-to-define-a-new-operator-in-groovy/10848093#10848093

       BTW, this is a experimental feature and some traps may exist as
C├ędric said, so I'm not sure it will be added to Groovy 3 ;-)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun