groovy-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel.Sun" <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject Method reference for Groovy 3
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 16:25:24 GMT
Hi all,

       The brand new parser can support method reference and constructor
reference now. The implementation of backend is based on the discussion of
GROOVY-7772 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7772>  .

        Here are some example code of method reference for Groovy:

import java.util.stream.Collectors
assert ['1', '2', '3'] == [1, 2,
3].stream().map(Integer::toString).collect(Collectors.toList())
assert ['A', 'B', 'C'] == ['a', 'b',
'c'].stream().map(String::toUpperCase).collect(Collectors.toList())
assert [new String[1], new String[2], new String[3]] == [1, 2,
3].stream().map(String[]::new).collect(Collectors.toList())

        ( Complete example code can be found at:
https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/blob/master/src/test/resources/core/MethodReference_01x.groovy
<https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/blob/master/src/test/resources/core/MethodReference_01x.groovy>

)

         At last, I want to thank *Jochen Theodorou* who explained the whole
discussion of GROOVY-7772 in detail for me.

*PS:* if you want to give it a try, follow the step:
$ git clone https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser.git
$ cd groovy-parser
$ ./gradlew groovyConsole

Cheers,