groovy-dev mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: progress on executing tests with JDK9 status update
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 19:14:22 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:

> On 07.09.2016 19:54, John Wagenleitner wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org
>> <mailto:blackdrag@gmx.org>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 07.09.2016 14:33, Thibault Kruse wrote:
>>
>>         The groovysh tests failed last because the strategy to read
>> package
>>         contents via the ClassLoader does not work with Java8. Possibly
>>         checking how the new Java REPL does things could reveal a
>>         solution, if
>>         they do have tab completion for imports. In the meantime, I'd
>>         suggest
>>         skipping those tests when testing with Java9. Not having
>> completion
>>         for imports in groovysh with Java9 should probably not be
>> critical.
>>

>>     How about basing this on the classpath property instead? That is
>>     what I did for 90% of the other failing tests
>>

>> All of the groovysh tests pass for me using build 9-ea+134-jigsaw.
>>

> really? that would be strange since I did see getResource calls to find
> .class files and it was said, that this is not supported anymore in
> JDK9/jigsaw.... and then again, I can confirm that everything works with
> ea+134-jigsaw. Strange. I also tested the indy version of the build, and
> everything seems to work fine.
>
> Nice!
>
> bye Jochen

There was special jigsaw handling added [1].  For a span of builds it
wasn't working but as of the recent builds I think some fixes to the jrt
filesystem were fixed so now it passes.  After the recent changes now there
is just one failing Swing test.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/groovy/blob/d1fdc38c2c2c0539b434326b37b813328ced96a4/subprojects/groovy-groovysh/src/main/groovy/org/codehaus/groovy/tools/shell/util/PackageHelperImpl.groovy#L118-L122