groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy build fail
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 10:05:46 GMT
On 24.09.2016 11:43, Russel Winder wrote:
> I am getting:
>
>      :compileGroovy
>      Unrecognized option: -addmods
>      Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
>      Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
>      :compileGroovy FAILED
>
> trying to build Groovy on JDK9. I thought we had been round this one
> and fixed it.

well, blame the jdk9 guys for deciding in the middle of things to
suddenly follow the gnu style and make -addmods to --admods ;)

No seriously, I had one jigsaw build successfully building Groovy, just
to have failures in the next one. JDK9 is still changing a lot. For
example they decided to increase the level of encapsulation and exclude
all non-public methods from the API you can use outside the module. With
the consequence, that even setAccessible does not work for those anymore.

But to be sure... what JDK9 version are you using?

bye Jochen