groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: TeamCity back on track
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2016 05:34:34 GMT
On 21.09.2016 00:20, C├ędric Champeau wrote:
> I'm not able to answer the question why Gradle modifies the environment
> (I'm sure it does for good reasons), but we need to make it work on
> different platforms without having to publish a specific version for JDK
> 9. It's really unfortunate such a "feature" landed after the feature
> freeze. Our commitment that Gradle 3 runs on JDK 9 isn't true anymore,
> and it's hard to fix. Especially, the second exception you are seeing
> comes from a 3rd party library. I'm pretty sure we will face tons of
> those issues, especially in an environment where plugins are legion.

a workaround would be to use "--add-exports-private
java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED" That should make the build work
again... but of course it does not really solve the problem. And I
actually do not think that switches like that are good for gradle, if
that means I will run later my own programs with those switches enabled
only from the build... because in the deployed state I will not have
them set and then things break apart.

bye Jochen