groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: progress on executing tests with JDK9 status update
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 18:55:56 GMT
On 07.09.2016 19:54, John Wagenleitner wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org
> <mailto:blackdrag@gmx.org>> wrote:
>

>     On 07.09.2016 14:33, Thibault Kruse wrote:
>
>         The groovysh tests failed last because the strategy to read package
>         contents via the ClassLoader does not work with Java8. Possibly
>         checking how the new Java REPL does things could reveal a
>         solution, if
>         they do have tab completion for imports. In the meantime, I'd
>         suggest
>         skipping those tests when testing with Java9. Not having completion
>         for imports in groovysh with Java9 should probably not be critical.
>

>     How about basing this on the classpath property instead? That is
>     what I did for 90% of the other failing tests
>

> All of the groovysh tests pass for me using build 9-ea+134-jigsaw.

really? that would be strange since I did see getResource calls to find
.class files and it was said, that this is not supported anymore in
JDK9/jigsaw.... and then again, I can confirm that everything works with
ea+134-jigsaw. Strange. I also tested the indy version of the build, and
everything seems to work fine.

Nice!

bye Jochen