groovy-dev mailing list archives

From daniel_sun <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [CONTRIBUTION]groovy-parser
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 08:03:04 GMT
Hi Sergei,

     I tried to add the statement to expression as an alternative, the
antlr4 failed to generate sources becuase of the error "error(119):
GroovyParser.g4::: The following sets of rules are mutually left-recursive
[statement, expression, statementExpression]".

     Currenty the expression is quite huge, which is a potential cause of
performance issue. so if we try our best to treat statement as expression in
the future, the performance will be impacted somehow.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun