groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Groovy build fail
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 10:59:17 GMT
On Sat, 2016-09-24 at 12:05 +0200, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
[…]

> well, blame the jdk9 guys for deciding in the middle of things to
> suddenly follow the gnu style and make -addmods to --admods ;)

I can back blaming the JDK9 people. :-)

Java has been wrong about options and hyphens for years, I wonder why
they are changing? But now is the time to change, this is an alpha
software programme after all – even if I am using it as production.

> No seriously, I had one jigsaw build successfully building Groovy,
> just
> to have failures in the next one. JDK9 is still changing a lot. For
> example they decided to increase the level of encapsulation and
> exclude
> all non-public methods from the API you can use outside the module.
> With
> the consequence, that even setAccessible does not work for those
> anymore.
>
> But to be sure... what JDK9 version are you using?

The build hasn't worked for me for a while, but I was "elsewhere" in
the FOSS-verse. 135 and now 137 both fail.

--
Russel.