groovy-dev mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The long path to a new MOP
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 16:09:10 GMT
I think that's a good idea.  Having a new package under the normal src
directory in master with some sort of feature toggle I think would be good
and would be easier for some to help test or contribute.

With this work and with jigsaw coming it would be nice to release a 2.5 and
get master on a path to 3.0.

On Sunday, August 7, 2016, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As I was posting almost a year ago in
http://blackdragsview.blogspot.de/2015/03/thoughts-about-new-meta-class-system.html
I had some thoughts about possible migration paths from old MOP to new
MOP... and continued thinking about this.

> Since this will take several normal releases I think just using a branch
will not do here. Because keeping them just in sync will probably take up
most of the time I would normally use to implement this. So I was
wondering... would you guys ok with me introducing classes marked as
"experimental" on the normal branch?

> I was thinking initially about adding a new source folder where these
classes go and let us then omit them during release. But I think this will
not work. There will be circular references. There have to if the new MOPs
are supposed to work together somehow. So I guess it would be just the
normal src folder then?