groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: The long path to a new MOP
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 17:37:35 GMT
Hi all,
> On 7. aug. 2016, at 13.49, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:

> Since this will take several normal releases I think just using a branch will not do
here. Because keeping them just in sync will probably take up most of the time I would normally
use to implement this. So I was wondering... would you guys ok with me introducing classes
marked as "experimental" on the normal branch?

I have an alternative idea: Wouldn’t it make sense to split the work instead, if somebody
was willing to do the recurring merges with master?

> I was thinking initially about adding a new source folder where these classes go and
let us then omit them during release. But I think this will not work. There will be circular
references. There have to if the new MOPs are supposed to work together somehow. So I guess
it would be just the normal src folder then?

That would give more room for experiments, and not leak experimental code into releases, and
I’m thinking merging wouldn’t require intimate knowledge of the old and new MOPs.

-Jesper