groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject progress on executing tests with JDK9 status update
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:32:29 GMT
Hi all,

I made two more tests pass with JDK9 and we are now down to 8 failures
in groovy-core.

> gls.innerClass.InnerClassTest > testThisReferenceForAICInOpenBlock FAILED
>     groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.reflect.Field.isAccessible()
is applicable for argument types: () values: []
>     Possible solutions: setAccessible(boolean)

is something I have yet to investigate

> groovy.transform.stc.STCExtensionMethodsTest > testShouldFindExtensionMethodWithGrab
FAILED
>     java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find class loader

this is similar to about 4 more failures... for which I have no solution
independent of jdk9 really. So I guess a jdk9 specific solution will
have to be done.

> groovy.transform.stc.GenericsSTCTest > testGenericField FAILED
>     org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
>     TestScripttestGenericField257.groovy: 2: unable to resolve class javax.xml.ws.Holder
>      @ line 2, column 13.
>                    import javax.xml.ws.Holder
>                    ^

there are 2 of this kind of failure. The problem being that you need
access to the module java.xml.ws or java.se.ee to be able to get Holder
class. I did not manage to solve this one yet. "org.gradle.jvmargs=-ea
-Xmx1G -addmods java.se.ee" did not fix the failure. Makes me wonder if
that is then also used for tests.

bye Jochen