groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Gerrit Telkamp <g.telk...@domologic.de>
Subject Implementing a DSL using groovy.util.DelegatingScript
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:45:38 GMT
I'm using groovy.util.DelegatingScript to realize a simple DSL. It works
quite well and the implementation was straight forward.
Now I would like to extend my DSL by more words. Usually, this would be
done by implementing each word as method in the delegate class.
Instead I would like to split the code into several delegate classes.
Having a look into the source, it seems to me that it would be easy to
iterate a list of delegate classes and branching into a the first method
that has been found first.
What do the groovy developers say about this? Have I missed something,
or is this something that is alrady planned? A future idea would be to
re-use the DSL classes in an application-specific combination for other
projects.

Thank you,
Gerrit.