groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject The long path to a new MOP
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 11:49:29 GMT
Hi all,

As I was posting almost a year ago in
http://blackdragsview.blogspot.de/2015/03/thoughts-about-new-meta-class-system.html
I had some thoughts about possible migration paths from old MOP to new
MOP... and continued thinking about this.

Since this will take several normal releases I think just using a branch
will not do here. Because keeping them just in sync will probably take
up most of the time I would normally use to implement this. So I was
wondering... would you guys ok with me introducing classes marked as
"experimental" on the normal branch?

I was thinking initially about adding a new source folder where these
classes go and let us then omit them during release. But I think this
will not work. There will be circular references. There have to if the
new MOPs are supposed to work together somehow. So I guess it would be
just the normal src folder then?

Or is someone having a better idea?

bye Jochen