The notation $row is for use inside a string (called string interpolation).

Try changing your sql.executeInsert line to:

        sql.executeInsert "INSERT INTO A (ID, Name) VALUES ($row.ID,$row.Name)"

See: http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation/index.html#_string_interpolation

From:        GroovyBeginner <groovybeginner@gmail.com>
To:        dev@groovy.incubator.apache.org,
Date:        07/26/2016 02:46 AM
Subject:        Oracle Insert Data from one table to another table using Groovy

I have a requirement of inserting the data from table A into table B and am
using Oracle database. My condition is am going to insert only those records
which are not present in table B and am facing an issue of retrieving the
current row column values. Here is the code am trying.

   import groovy.sql.Sql;
   import java.sql.ResultSet;
   import java.util.Properties;

   sql = Sql.newInstance("jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE","username",
"password", "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver")
       sql.query("select ID, NAME from A where ID not in (select id from
B)") {
      row-> while(row.next()) {
       sql.executeInsert "INSERT INTO A (ID, Name) VALUES ("+$row.ID"+,+"
$row.Name+")"
   }
   }

and am facing issue `No such property: $row`. Kindly suggest me where am
going wrong and also is there any better approach of doing this in terms of
security and performance.