On 15.07.2016 16:20, Cédric Champeau wrote:
So I managed to get the `groovy-xml` module build pass and test with
Jigsaw. It requires the latest snapshot of Gradle, and confirms that
using `-release` instead of {`-source`, `-target`, `-addmods`} work.
There's a big drawback with using `-release` though. Typically
`groovy-core` uses the API of JDK 7 (for invokedynamic) but we generate
Java 6 bytecode. It's not possible to do this with `-release`, so we
still have to rely on the "old" options.

so switch to Java7 bytecode after all?

It would clearly make things easier :)

Our build is still not fully Jigsaw compatible, there are still a
significant number of errors, including spurious classloading issues:
https://scans.gradle.com/s/jaefpwpny743e

could you once more describe how exactly I have to start the build on JDK9 now? Because just doing "clean test" will fail with option not known to the jvm already

I'm just doing this:

JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.9.0-jigsaw gw -Dscan --continue --parallel test

Are you sure you are using the jigsaw build of JDK 9?

bye Jochen