groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy syntax question
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 11:43:54 GMT

On 05.07.2016 10:03, Thibault Kruse wrote:
> I have no advice beyond what can be found via google.
>
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>> Thibault, Jochen,
>>
>> thank you guys -- you got me going (turns out my confusion was partially
>> because newly defined tasks are also visible as a property).
>>
>> One final question -- do you have any recommendation on how to
>> debug (well, trace actually) Groovy scripts inside of Gradle build.gradle?
>>
>> Seems like my go-to IDE InteliJ is broken in that regard. Any suggestions
>> on what may work?

for a normal script you can set a break point in your ide and it will
stop there. But for gradle you  would have to start gradle itself with
debugging.. so for example something like

export GRADLE_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"

and then start your gradle, with breakpoint set.

and if everything fails, println is your friend ;)

bye Jochen