groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Oracle Insert Data from one table to another table using Groovy
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:27:36 GMT
It does seem a pity that Groovy only provides drivers of SQL statements
when Groovy is a language superb for DSLs and builders.

Python is very similar to Groovy in this respect and Python has
SQLAlchemy which provides the low level SQL driving stuff, but also
provides an expression language, DSL and SQL builder, and also a full-
on ORM.

I tried to do something on a Groovy expression language for SQL from
earlier work by various people at https://github.com/russel/GSQL but it
seemed no one was at all interested and when I stopped having to worry
about SQL databases on the JVM I stopped caring.

It just seems a shame.

If anyone working with SQL wants to progress this expression language
stuff, I am happy to forward the repository to their ownership.