groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: JDK 9 Jigsaw builds
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 14:56:59 GMT
On Fri, 2016-07-15 at 16:20 +0200, Cédric Champeau wrote:
> So I managed to get the `groovy-xml` module build pass and test with
> Jigsaw. It requires the latest snapshot of Gradle, and confirms that
> using
> `-release` instead of {`-source`, `-target`, `-addmods`} work.
> There's a
> big drawback with using `-release` though. Typically `groovy-core`
> uses the
> API of JDK 7 (for invokedynamic) but we generate Java 6 bytecode.
> It's not
> possible to do this with `-release`, so we still have to rely on the
> "old"
> options.

It certainly allows me to get a build of the Groovy compiler, runtime
system, and (Java|Groovy)doc.  Thanks for making that work.

It is a pity the Asciidoctor stuff doesn't work on JDK9.

> Our build is still not fully Jigsaw compatible, there are still a
> significant number of errors, including spurious classloading issues:
> https://scans.gradle.com/s/jaefpwpny743e

There are also a large number of < and > in the (Java|Groovy)doc
comments. Is there an intention to switch to Markdown rather than HTML
as the comment source?

--

Russel.