groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: JDK 9 Jigsaw builds
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 10:31:25 GMT
On Fri, 2016-07-08 at 11:14 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-07-07 at 13:28 +0200, Cédric Champeau wrote:
> > The option is `-addmods java.xml.bind`
> >

> That doesn't work either :-(
>
> Unrecognized option: -addmods
> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
> Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Despite the existence of a valid Gradle server running on JDK9 when
executing ./gradlew in a script rather than from the command line
directly it must be ignoring the server and running on a new JDK8. this
is a problem with the Groovy install target I am guessing.

As you can tell I am tinkering around trying to find data as to why
this is happening. Hypothesis to date is it is not my environment per
se, it is not the script per se. Running the "./gradlew install" on a
command line works, executing this is a shell that reports javac to be
JDK9, ".gradlew install" fails with the message indicating it is not
running on JDK9 or something really weird is happening.

--

Russel.