groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://www.groovy-lang.org/ down
Date Sun, 22 May 2016 18:45:16 GMT
On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Mario Garcia <mario.ggar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the explanation Guillaume.

You're welcome.

> Just a quick question. I was wondering if, the same way Groovy has a
> mirror in Github, could it be possible to have the Groovy site published as
> a gh-pages? That would work as a possible documentation back-up in the
> future. Of course I don't mean to do it any time soon, but it could be a
> nice (partial) solution if any of this happens again in the future.

Might be an option, yes.
There's the home-grown Apache CMS as well.
There are options for sure.
The thing is that it's related to our release process.
Currently, everything runs off of the same external server (not an Apache
server, which is a problem for the ASF), so our Continuous Integration
server actually builds the whole project, its documentation and website,
and pushes the pages around on the same machine. So things are (somewhat)
"easy", but moving to some different option will mean moving files around
through the network, with the possible unreliability issues of moving big
things around.
But ultimately, we do have to find a solution to this, so that we comply
with Apache guidelines anyway.

Guillaume