groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: groovy-lang.org down for now
Date Sun, 22 May 2016 18:28:36 GMT
Steve,

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Steve Byrne <sbyrne007@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Thanks!! This should have been posted to this and dev@groovy on FRIDAY I
> think.  Has it been announced on Twitter, G+, etc?  I haven't seen it, but
> doesn't mean it didn't happen.
>
> At least saying "we know about it, it's because of the transition, here's
> what you can do for now" fixes the perception that it's just "gone away".

I didn't announce the domain name transition as I didn't know there would
be a downtime.
Had I known, of course, I would have warned everybody on all possible
channels.
But as soon as I noticed about the site being unreachable, I immediately
took action to tell everyone about it on the mailing-list and on Twitter.
Now for the trick, I didn't know about it, and Jochen found that out today,
but he gave it here and on twitter as well (even if only on his personal
account)

> Heck, I'd register the domain myself even if it's for a short while just
> to get this going again -- Apache seems to have really fallen down on this
> one.

We couldn't have registered it again, as it was "in transfer", nobody could
acquire it.

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/