groovy-dev mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improve Groovy class loading performance and memory management
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 20:10:08 GMT
On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Alain Stalder <astalder@span.ch> wrote:

> [...]
>
> As I said, so far rather a hack, probably better to reimplement the
> GroovyClassValuePreJava7 class instead? Performance under concurrent use?
> Are other caches that apparently exist in ClassInfo also no issue under
> different circumstances? (And at some point: does it work across VMs and
> OSes etc.?)

I think performance in general and not just under concurrent use is
extremely important for ClassInfo.  My understanding is that the static
cache it holds of ClassInfo's is queried on every method call (at least in
dynamic groovy).  That is probably why the current hash-based caches are
used to save from the O(n) retrieval from a globalClassSet which is
implemented as a linked list.