groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Question] The Apache Groovy Language Reference
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 09:06:57 GMT
While a specification was started, I don't think you should expect a
complete specification of semantics.
Syntax should be fine for code that is not subject to transformations.

However, due to AST transforms, any "groovy" file you may read may have
both other syntax and other semantics defined in custom projects.
As an example, in geb certain codeparts will wrap each line in an assert
statement at runtime.