groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Groovy and Java 9
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 06:45:01 GMT
On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 21:35 +0200, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> […]
>
> There is ground to suspect that we won´t create callsite caching
> helper
> methods at runtime using JDK9 and non-indy mode. Did you maybe check
> performance under JDK9 with and without indy? I would be interested
> in
> knowing if you see a bigger difference compared to JDK8

I haven't really played with any performance aspects recently. Until
after /dev/summer 2016 (a one day conference not a special device to
bring proper weather to the UK) I really won't have much time to play.
Maybe we should raise this again late-June and give it a go. This would
fit well with me trying to get a GPars 2.0 release out of the door.

--
Russel.