groovy-dev mailing list archives

From daniel_sun <realblue...@hotmail.com>
Subject About the syntheticPublic property of member method node in class
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 15:50:23 GMT
Hi List,

      The following code is copied from GinA2, which we use to test the new
parser for Groovy.

class Book {
    private String title
    Book (String theTitle) {
        title = theTitle
    }
    String getTitle(){
        return title
    }
}

      I have a question about the syntheticPublic of "getTitle" method node,
which has no visibility modifier(e.g. public, protected, private), so I
think its "public" should be synthetic and expect syntheticPublic  is true,
but the old parser of Groovy set syntheticPublic  as false.  (related issue
url: https://github.com/jespersm/groovy/issues/19).

     Can you tell me the rationale about syntheticPublic and synthetic of
MethodNode?

 Thanks in advance,
Daniel.Sun