groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 2.5 Beta?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 16:32:54 GMT

> Looks like it's just you and me, Pascal!
>
> Just some questions for the broader dev community:
>
>    - Who can perform the release? - Cédric looked like he single handedly
>    pushed out version 2.4.6 - can we ask him to prepare the 2.5 beta release?

Until we've switched to a new release process, it's still easier if I do
it, yes.

>    -
>    - Is there anything outstanding for a 2.5 beta release? - Whoever's
>    we're waiting on, can we get an update?

There are lots of outstanding issues, that's why it's a beta. In
particular, the new (exciting!) macro stuff is not documented, nor the AST
matcher complete. It's a super nice feature that deserves polishing. Plus,
there are some decisions to be made with regards to applying the global
`macro` AST xform globally or not, in particular with groovy-all. We can
solve this after the beta, for sure, but we need to think about it.

>    -
>    - Do we need a VOTE thread for a beta release?

Yes, it's a release. We can call it "beta", "rc" or "mushroom", it's a
release anyway :)

Cheers!