groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Suderman Keith <suder...@cs.vassar.edu>
Subject Re: Release 2.5 Beta?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 23:56:30 GMT

> On Mar 12, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com <mailto:glaforge@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Let's go with mushroom, for a change :-)

+1

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com <mailto:cedric.champeau@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> Looks like it's just you and me, Pascal!
>
> Just some questions for the broader dev community:
> Who can perform the release? - Cédric looked like he single handedly pushed out version
2.4.6 - can we ask him to prepare the 2.5 beta release?

> Until we've switched to a new release process, it's still easier if I do it, yes.
>
> Is there anything outstanding for a 2.5 beta release? - Whoever's we're waiting on, can
we get an update?

> There are lots of outstanding issues, that's why it's a beta. In particular, the new
(exciting!) macro stuff is not documented, nor the AST matcher complete. It's a super nice
feature that deserves polishing. Plus, there are some decisions to be made with regards to
applying the global `macro` AST xform globally or not, in particular with groovy-all. We can
solve this after the beta, for sure, but we need to think about it.

> Do we need a VOTE thread for a beta release?
>
> Yes, it's a release. We can call it "beta", "rc" or "mushroom", it's a release anyway
:)

> Cheers!
>

> Kind regards,
> Nick
>
> On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 at 22:52 Nicholas Grealy <nickgrealy@gmail.com <mailto:nickgrealy@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> +1
>

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 20:37 Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumacher@gmx.net <mailto:pascalschumacher@gmx.net>>
wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> as far as I remember there was wide support for releasing a 2.5 beta in
> the "Release 2.4.6 and 2.5.0-beta?" discussion.
>
> The release announcement for 2.4.6 contained the sentence "... be
> prepared for a 2.5.0-beta release soon!". Tomorrow that will be two
> weeks ago, so I think we should make some plans when we start the
> release vote and who will be able to serve as a release manager.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Pascal
>

> --