groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Release 2.5 Beta?
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:36:31 GMT
Hi Nick,

Am 12.03.2016 um 00:05 schrieb Nicholas Grealy:
> Just some questions for the broader dev community:
>
>   * Who can perform the release?

As far as I know Guillaume, Jochen und Paul should also have the
necessary knowledge and access rights to do a release.

>   * Is there anything outstanding for a 2.5 beta release? - Whoever's
>     we're waiting on, can we get an update?

There was some talk improving the macro feature, but the last commit
related to the feature was a year ago. So we should either postpone it
(if it is not ready) or release it in the current state. The macro
feature is also missing documentation, but that can be added after the
beta release.

>   * Do we need a VOTE thread for a beta release?

If I understand
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html correctly beta
release need to be voted on.

Cheers,