groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Progress on the Antlr4-based parser
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 10:57:52 GMT

On 07.03.2016 14:16, Jesper Steen Møller wrote:
[...]
> If you make a static inner subclass of the non-static inner class, the
> constructor must specify the outer instance.

of course...! Haven't thought about that one... I guess we miss that in
Groovy then... not sure though we need it, or if it is really good
design to do that... probably a no to both.

How

>>> But what should it mean? Should it become fields in the Script class, or
>>> just be stripped of access and staticness and introduced as locals in
>>> the main() ?
>>
>> yes
>>

> So - “Yes” to which side of the disjunction? Member or local?

sorry... ;) local variables. That's what you get without the modifiers
and we have not decided to do anything different through a modifier here
- afaik.

bye Jochen