groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Progress on the Antlr4-based parser
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 09:02:36 GMT

On 07.03.2016 07:48, Jesper Steen Møller wrote:
[...]
> So you can help me with a couple of answers:
>
>   * Is it a goal to close the gap to Java’s more trickier syntax, such
>     as placement-new and placement constructor calls? From what I can
>     tell, we’d have to extend the AST too to support that. Has anyone
>     ever used that except in compiler test cases?

I had to actually look up what you mean... so you can give type
arguments in a constructor call? I did actually not know this. I would
not give this one any priority, unless it is easy to do... but then I
would not really give it an AST implementation yet

>   * ./benchmark/bench/heapsort.groovy uses access modfiers on the
>     script’s local variables — that’s not really allowed, is it? How
>     should that work? It can’t get it to work in Groovy 2.4.x

You mean like "public static final long IM = 139968"? It does not really
make a semantic sense to allow this. For convenient copy&paste this
could be allowed... if it poses no problem, I think it would be nice to
have. But it is not really required

bye Jochen