groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: Inner traits?
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:28:18 GMT
Hi Jochen
> On 29. feb. 2016, at 12.05, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
> On 29.02.2016 11:52, Jesper Steen Møller wrote:
>> Those semantics should be easy enough to cope with, if only the grammar (and taste!)
would allow it.

> Why does the grammar not allow it? The grammar does imho, but the later parts of the
compiler are not prepared for that kind of trouble and either fail with BUG! messages (I had
an NPE in one case for example) or produces code, which does not work.
Right, I actually didn’t check, just assumed is wasn’t in the grammar since it wasn’t
supported (and it’s not at all supported in the Antlr4 grammar, yet).
I try not to look at groovy.g too much ;-)

-Jesper