groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 3.0
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 08:37:49 GMT
On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Paco Zarate <contacto@nazcasistemas.com>
wrote:

> For reference here is a java 8 grammar for antlr 4.
> https://github.com/antlr/grammars-v4/tree/master/java8/Java8.g4

Initially, I was thinking we should start with a blank slate, instead of
doing the same approach as we did in the past, which is indeed start from
an existing Java grammar... but OTOH... it's likely better Java 8 support
out of the box to do so.

> One good thing that groovy has for its version 2 to version 3 transition
> is that all the java libraries would be available. This would be a key
> difference with the python 2 -> 3 migration.

True. Good point.
It's indeed more an apple to orange comparison, so we should perhaps not
bring that counter-example on the table. My fault.

Guillaume