groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: a new joint compiler
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 08:18:26 GMT
I needed some background information, I guess that is given in :
http://blackdragsview.blogspot.de/2014/11/a-joint-compiler-for-groovy-and-java.html
http://blackdragsview.blogspot.de/2007/07/joint-compilation-in-groovy.html
http://wiki.jvmlangsummit.com/images/8/8a/Clement_MixedLanguageProjectCompilationInEclipse.pdf

I believe if the joint compiler has good chances of replacing the
current compiler it should live in Groovy core. If it is doomed to
forever remain an unloved twin, it should be a project of it's own.

In the mean time it can either be a separate project with similar
package names (for easy migrationinto groovy later) , or an
experimental branch of groovy.