groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Steen Møller <jes...@selskabet.org>
Subject Re: Antlr4-based Groovy parser status update
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:24:16 GMT
Ah, good to know.

While merging in the master changes since the antlr4 fork, I noticed that Spock was indeed
in use already, so I haven’t ditched it — yet. For now, it’s only used for simple things
like where-blocks, which can be done only slightly more clumsily with JUnit.

-Jesper

> On 24. feb. 2016, at 12.41, Cédric Champeau <cedric.champeau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It is a show stopper for groovy-core. We must *not* introduce a dependency on Spock,
because it would conflict with the version of Groovy that we are using, and apply global xforms
on Groovy core. While it might be ok, we want to minimize the risks.