groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 16:16:40 GMT
Guillaume,

> Apache has submitted itself as an organization to the Google Summer
> of Code.
> Anyone Groovy committer who would be willing to become a mentor?
> And what projects would we want to propose?

I am happy to be a mentor.

The most pressing thing (in my, obviously, humble opinion :-) is to get
GPars 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT in place.

The top-level view on this is to replace the extra166 ParalleArray code
with Streams based implementations. Much of this is relatively trivial
(and so a good entry for a person to get started), but there is much
that is far from trivial (and so good for being a reasonable
intellectual exercises).

We also need a review of the non-local Netty-based stuff that Sławik
did to see if there is any changes needed so make the API consistent
for the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

--
Russel.