groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Clark Richey <cl...@factgem.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 3.0
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 13:29:40 GMT
I think having that on the site would be great. I think you should also add the simple explanation
you provided in this thread as to why development has slowed.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Clark Richey
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER

This message and any included attachments are property of FactGem and its
affiliates, and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this
message and notify the sender by e-mail. Thank you.
On Jan 30, 2016, at 03:16, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:

>> On 29.01.2016 18:05, Clark Richey wrote:
>> [...]
>> What do you think about having a page on the web site that
>> provides at least basic information about the status of on-going Groovy
>> development?  This will serve the dual purpose of letting people know
>> that Groovy development isn’t dead and heighten awareness of the current
>> lack of support for full time development of the language.
>
> I can make a wishlist like this:
>
> * integrate and complete antlr4 parser
> * complete spec for and implement MOP 3
> * add c# inspired asnyc/await to Groovy and see if tight integration with gpars is possible
> * new joint compiler
> * JSR 269 support
> * java9 jigsaw support
> * complete macro system
>
> is that what you wanted?
>
> bye Jochen

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, Quoted Printable, 0 bytes)
View raw message