groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Kruse <tibokr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 3.0
Date Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:29:09 GMT
Are Antlr 4 and Jva 8 syntax linked somethow, meaning is there a hard
problem describing certain java8 features using whatever antlr version
is used right now?

I would assume that porting Groovy to Java9 takes precendence over
changing the syntax, so it would be nice to have a roadmap that decide
which version will contain which of those changes. Given the scarce
resources it might be useful to separate these changes, but given that
the API will change in either case, it might be better to have one
avalanche of a change rather than annoying users multiple times.