groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Clark Richey <cl...@factgem.com>
Subject Re: Groovy 3.0
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 23:09:23 GMT
Understood. My concern, and I believe it mirrors a concern held by others, is that on the surface
with no indications of beta releases, road maps or any current development activity it looks
like Groovy development stalled when Codehaus dropped its support.

I agree that you don't want an unrealistic roadmap but right now when people google for Groovy
3.0 all they find are very old articles that talk about t possible being released in 2014
or so.

I'm a big fan of groovy and I just don't want to see people back away from it because they
are afraid that with the improvements in Java 8 and soon(ish) Java 9 that Groovy is a thing
of the past.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Clark Richey
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER

This message and any included attachments are property of FactGem and its
affiliates, and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this
message and notify the sender by e-mail. Thank you.
On Jan 28, 2016, at 16:06, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:

> Yes, we spoke about putting back some kind of roadmap page that was in the old website
(and I have an action to make some progress in that regard). But we didn't want to make the
roadmap unrealistic either, so we want to get the wording right.

> Cheers, Paul.
>
>> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Clark Richey <clark@factgem.com> wrote:
>> Thanks. I just haven't been able to find much information in development status since
the website changes occurred and I was vaguely concerned.

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> <pic-0.png>
>> Clark Richey
>> CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
>>
>>  	240.252.7507
>>  	CLARK@FACTGEM.COM
>>  	WWW.FACTGEM.COM
>>

>> This message and any included attachments are property of FactGem and its affiliates,
and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include trade
secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not
authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail.
Thank you.

>> On Jan 28, 2016, at 14:56, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> We are still working on getting 2.5 out the door. Only a little bit of experimental/spike
work has gone in regards to 3.0 .