groovy-dev mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject 2_4_X branch question
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:58:07 GMT
In looking at PR #210 "StreamingJsonBuilder - fix IllegalStateException
when writing unescaped output" [1] I noticed that commit c5c0cefb36 [2]
that introduced the unescaped output feature was merged into both master
and 2_4_X.  I didn't think new features were normally introduced in patch
releases so was just curious how this should be handled (i.e., merge fix or
revert commit).  Just trying to get a good understanding for how the
versioning scheme [4] is applied and to see if there might have been a good
reason to include it or if possibly it was just by mistake.

P.S.  Another related commit is 0bf2cb5d [3].

[1] https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/210
[2]
https://github.com/apache/groovy/commit/c5c0cefb365b6a4c00335abeeed124cc8356a4c8
[3]